"Can you give this to the kids in Africa?"

Cora holding her bank for the kids in Africa
I took a call from my niece the other day.  She's 4.  She said in Sunday school at her church the kids each saved money and put it in a bank they got to decorate.  She did chores for her mom and last week she brought the money in to church to help other kids.  She said she wanted to do it again and asked if I could give it to the kids I knew in Africa.  I said that was a great idea and of course I would.  "Thanks" she said. 

I thought she'd forgotten about it, but after about a month she brought me her special piggy bank.  I'm not sure she could have smiled any bigger, she was so excited to be able to help other kids.  Inside her bank was about 25 coins.  My sister explained that Cora did chores at home and then got pick a coin from their family coin jar.  As a 4-year-old, she didn't know how much the coins were worth, most were dimes or pennies, but each one represented an act of kindness from a little one with a big heart.  She believes she can change the world- how about you? 

                                                                                 Visit www.FoodForHisChildren.org to learn more

Written by Joni Hoffmann, FFHC Board Member

No comments:

Post a Comment